In support of Environmental Policy, UK-NSI operates a documented 'Quality System' which encompasses the requirements of ISO 14001 (environmental management systems) a commitment to comply with applicable legal requirements and other requirements that UK-NSI subscribe, which relate to the applicable environmental aspects, prevention of pollution and continually improve its environmental performance.
UK-NSI is certified to ISO14001, Environmental Management System (EMS) requirements.
The Environmental support structure and activities at UK-NSI include, but are not limited to:
- Performance monitoring and improvement opportunities as part of the Environmental Steering teams and Management Review.
- Documented environmental management system procedures, which sets out roles and responsibilities for EMS and controls.
- Applicable legal and other requirements register, which incorporates customer specific EMS requirements and compliance including ELV Directive Mandates REACH compliance Greenhouse Gases, etc.
- A register of assessments on the environmental aspects and impacts of all the company’s activities, products and services, which can be influenced or controlled.
- Objectives, targets and management programmes to reduce, eliminate or control identified significant impacts on the environment.
- Pollution prevention controls.
- Waste control systems and facilities.
- Testing of emergency preparedness plans.
- Full site legal compliance audits.
- Full cooperation with external authorities and regulatory bodies.
- Environmental management system audits and trained internal EMS auditors.
- Preventative maintenance, calibration, inspection and monitoring systems.
- Incident reporting with corrective and preventative action.
- ISO 14001 external third party surveillance visits.
- Training, which includes environmental awareness induction and relevant on the job environmental training requirements.
- Employee environmental brief is communicated periodically and displayed on company notice boards.
SIGNIFICANT ENVIRONMENTAL ASPECTS
The Most significant aspects of the company at the Redditch site are the following:
- CARBON FOOTPRINT
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION - ELECTRICITY-UTILITY
For further information on environmental issues at UK-NSI please contact the Senior QMS & Compliance Manager or any member of the Environmental Steering Team.